Saturday, July 18, 2009

We're in escrow!

I've had a few people ask what the house looks like so I thought I'd just post pics here. Hopefully it doesn't jinx the escrow!

It needs a lot of work. Before we move in we're planing on replacing all the flooring except the tile in the kitchen/dining room, it's still in good shape. We'll be taking all the wallpaper down and repainting all the walls. The ceilings are going to be de-popcorned and re-textured. At some point we have to fix the flu (what's the proper spelling of that?) in both fireplaces. We won't use them until they get inspected by a chimney inspector and get fixed.

This is the front yard, I'm not all the way back because the tree would of been in the way if I had been:
Photobucket

Other side:
Photobucket

View from the front door in:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking back into the living room from the dining room
Photobucket

The kitchen, yeah it's small but we already have thoughts and plans on opening it up some day down the road, it won't be bigger but it'll be more open!
Photobucket

Dining room, that's the laundry closet on the left where the door is open.
Photobucket

Family room:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bathroom, we're taking out the shower and putting in a shower/tub combo before we move in. Photobucket

Bedroom 1
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bedroom 2
Photobucket

Photobucket

Master bedroom, there was a 1/2 bath in there that the previous owners took out. The plumbing for it all is still there though so we're planing on putting it back in.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Extra room in backyard.... any ideas on what we should do with it? I'm thinking kids play room OR a pool table.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Patio area next to extra room, and a shed for storage.
Photobucket

Back yard from extra room
Photobucket

Walkway between privacy bushes (which we will be tearing out because they take up at least 8 feet all the way across)
Photobucket

Pathway leads to this:
Photobucket

No that's not all our property, this much of it is (same amount behind me as well.
Photobucket

Side of house in back:
Photobucket

There ya go, that's hopefully our house!!! We don't forsee any problems with escrow, we're pre-approved and all that so hopefully it'll continue to be smooth sailing! Wish us luck!

No comments: